Saturday, July 7, 2012

Christmas in July and Sunny Classroom Supplies

My goal this summer was to work on new items for the classroom geared toward my move back to second grade and also to edit some of my earlier items to add new graphics and make them even cuter!

Here is my latest update for the Smartboard Gingerbread Man Activities! If you already purchased it, go back into your purchases to get the newest version! These are just a few of the slides. Click on the first picture to see it at my shop!









I'm spending money shopping for my new classroom like it were Christmas lately! I am leaving many of the things I have for the new teacher who is moving into my room and starting with a clean (and hopefully well-organized) slate. I have so much that I have collected and purchased over the last 20+ years and the thought of having to move it all is a little overwhelming! I've seriously considered hiring a moving company! I will have only two weeks to get it all done because my classroom is being used for summer school. I'm excited to share before and after pictures with you!

 Here are some new items I found that are really great and will be a nice addition to my brights theme!

These book tubs look nice and sturdy. I found them at Really Good Stuff. I love that they allow the students to see the covers and are wide enough for picture books. Our school uses Accelerated Reader and my books are organized according to AR level, so I need many baskets. These are a little pricey, but will be worth the investment if they hold up for many years! I'm going with the yellow, but they come in a rainbow of colors.



My director chair is getting faded and it's time for a new one. I found this chair in yellow too! 


My last chair was given to me as a gift from the class. On the seat canvas the children added their thumbprints with puffy paint and my room moms wrote each child's name on the chair with fabric markers. It was so cute! I'm going to decorate my new chair with colorful polka dot lettering and add my name to the top canvas. I found this one at Directors Chairs.com. Unfortunately it's out of stock at the moment. I guess I was not the only one who liked it!

 I already have these sets and lots of other stuff from Really Good Stuff and I think it will all go very nicely together with my brights collection. 




If you have not yet visited my shops, I have a matching rainbow behavior clip chart freebie there!

The colors in the Swirls and Curls set when printed are much brighter than they appear in the picture. I think it'll be a great match. Click on the picture to see it!  I'm going to work on a rainbow set and see if I like that one better! 

On another note- I sent off a folder yesterday with all of my design elements to Becca at Jumping Jax Designs. She is working on my new blog next week. I am really excited to see how she is able to put together the graphics, backgrounds and theme that I have chosen. She is awesome! It is totally custom and totally me! Counting the days for my blog like I'm waiting for Christmas too!

Have a fun weekend!

Jeannine

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your new blog!! My blog is getting a makeover too & I can't wait to see what we come up with! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower. Come visit me at:

    Psyched to be in 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quantum Binary Signals

    Get professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

    Start following our signals today & make up to 270% a day.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile! :)