Saturday, January 4, 2014

Arctic Animals PowerPoint

(Please excuse my missing blog template while I await installation of a new one)!!!

Enough already!Another big blast of winter and an arctic air mass is heading our way. There may be a snow day on the first day back from break! Good grief! What do I do when a massive winter storm is approaching? After stocking up on groceries, filling up the tank and other responsible stuff, I finish a PowerPoint about arctic animals!

January, especially in snowy states, is a great time of year for an arctic animals thematic unit. I plan to use this powerPoint as a "big book" to project onto the SMARTBoard as we go through our unit. 

I purchased some gorgeous photographs to include for 15 of the fascinating animals of the arctic circle. Each page contains some interesting facts and also describes the adaptations that make each of these creatures well-suited for the harsh environment in which they live.


Here's a look at some of the slides included:




To see and read more at my store, click on any of the images. 
This new item is 50% off for the first 24 hours! If this is something you might like for your class, you can grab it up at a great price! 

Usually friends, I would ask that you do the snow dance for me or put that white crayon under your pillow or whatever superstitions might give us a snow day, but I've had enough time off and will save my favor for another occasion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)