Sunday, January 29, 2012

Fractions in Action-Skittles Share, Mini-Marshmallows, Hershey Bars and Pizza!

The question was posed....How can we share 22 skittles fairly between 6 members at a table group? This led to some interesting points of discussion and a whole lot of fun learning about fair shares, dividing and remainders!

We learned about the fractions 1/2, 1/3 and 1/4th with pizza shapes!

Doesn't this look realistic!




This is the solution to sticky chocolate fingers! Check this out at my shops! My class loved it!






Next we wrote the fractions we made using mini-marshmallows!


This was a freebie from Mrs. Bainbridge! Thanks soooooo much! My class really loved this! Imagine teaching numerator and denominator in first grade! They got it and loved it! 20 marshmallows worked perfectly. The key- (each marshmallow picture represents two) was the tricky part and now all my graphing practice includes a key like this!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)