Sunday, January 19, 2014

Freebie Winter Math Center Activity

Set out some mini marshmallows, a cute game mat and a recording sheet and you have a fun and easy winter math activity! I named it Penguin Snowball Toss!

I made this fun center to help my kiddos who struggle with addition combinations to twenty. There is also a recording sheet for combinations to ten for little learners. 

Have the children help you count out ten or twenty marshmallows in small festive cups or a little plastic bowl. At the center, they take turns, shake the snowballs and spill them across the mat. Then, they count how many landed on the mat and how many were tossed off the mat and record the combinations on the chart included. 


If you think this looks like a fun thing to add to your penguin or winter thematic unit, you can download this freebie at my store. Click on the picture to take you there! 

I'm having a TPT gift certificate giveaway at Creative Lesson Cafe to celebrate a big milestone at my store! Won't you join me in celebrating and hop on over to enter?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me smile! :)